Eastnor Castle COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Statement
17 March 2020
We're all aware of what is happening in the world right now regarding the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. Firstly, we want to extend our thoughts to those who are feeling the effects of this terrible situation, be it through illness, worry, business closures, changed plans (or all of the above!).
The health of our staff and visitors is important to us and, like everyone else, we’re adhering to all guidelines issued by the British Government and Public Health England.
We were due to open our doors to visitors for the season on Friday 10th April and we're keen to ensure we can still do that in some capacity. As it stands today (and this may change); please see below for our Easter opening plan.
Easter Opening Plan
We are fortunate enough to be situated in a beautiful rural area with lots of outdoor space around us. We will therefore still be opening for Easter but removing any unnecessary episodes of contact and crowds. If you wish to visit to enjoy some fresh air and a runaround in our 100 acres of grounds, please read on for details (please bear in mind that all of these steps are to try and keep everyone safe, please make your own decisions on whether to visit based on your own personal circumstances).
- We will open our grounds only (NOT the castle) from Monday 6th to Sunday 19th April from 10.30 am until 5.30 pm.
- We will not be operating our OlympEgg Easter Treasure Hunt. Instead, we will have our grounds open and operate a simple ‘Spot the Eggs Easter Treasure Hunt’ around the grounds. Children can look for clues, complete a Treasure Hunt form and swap it for a MaltEaster chocolate bunny as they depart.
- Tickets will be available for this event ONLINE ONLY. We wish to minimise the amount of contact between visitors and staff so our visitor entrance will be closed and an outdoor ticket-check station will be operating near the entrance. To re-iterate, visitors WILL NOT be able to buy tickets when they arrive.
- We will not be operating our giant chocolate Easter Egg draw and will instead be donating the eggs to charity.
- Please watch this space for details on our Tea Room and Ice Cream Parlour opening. As always, picnics are welcome and visitors are welcome to enjoy a picnic in their own space within the grounds.
- We will have extra hand-washing stations around the grounds so that our visitors can regularly wash their hands.
- Signs will be placed around the grounds advising guests to take extra caution around areas which may get busier than others (such as the Adventure Playground).
- Dogs are still very welcome but must be kept on a lead other than in the Dogs Off Leads area.
- If you have already purchased a ticket for our Easter OlympEGG Treasure Hunt, you may transfer your ticket and visit on another date throughout the year or you may still visit at Easter and we will happily refund part of your ticket as you’ll no longer be able to go inside the castle. If you have already purchased a ticket we will contact you directly by email.
- Tickets will be available to buy online at the end of this week (20th March) and will be available to buy until 3.30pm on the day of your visit.
- Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates. Facebook | Twitter
- Tickets will be limited to avoid any overcrowding.
- No promotions such as Historic Houses or English Heritage will be available for this event.
- Privilege Card holders are welcome as usual.
- Tickets will cost £8.50 for adults, £5.50 for children and £23.00 for a family of 2 adults and up to 3 children.
Eastnor ChilliFest news to follow as soon as we have it.
If you have a wedding, party, event or Eastnor holiday cottage booked in the coming weeks and have any concerns at all, we're here to help!
Thank you for reading; if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
With very best wishes from the Eastnor Team.