Supporting the community
Eastnor Castle gives careful consideration to our Corporate Social Responsibility and strives for long-term commitment to being a responsible business. We are proud of the committed support we are able to give to the local community in a variety of different ways.
We support a number of charities each year by offering complimentary tickets and use of the castle and grounds for fundraising events.
Eastnor Primary School & Bubbles Nursery
The children from Eastnor Primary School and Bubbles Nursery, both located in the heart of the village, can often be found enjoying a walk around the grounds and playing in the adventure playground on days when the castle and grounds are closed to visitors.
Tickets and Prizes
We receive many requests each year for tickets to be used as raffle prizes at fundraising events for schools, charities and other groups. Each request is carefully considered and, whenever possible, we are able to send tickets if the request has come from a local organisation.
James Hervey-Bathurst is an active member of the local community and was High Sheriff for Herefordshire in 2019.
His other activities include:
– Deputy Lieutenant for Herefordshire
– Eastnor Parochial Church Council
– Eastnor Church Tower Appeal
– Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Joint Area Committee
– Ledbury Places/Ledbury & District Society
– Herefordshire & Gloucestershire Canal Trust
– Ross-on-Wye Steam Engine Society