Covid-19 Safe for Visitor Opening
We are delighted to be able to open our grounds on Saturdays and Sundays throughout November in order to provide an outdoor space for exercise during this lockdown period.
Guidance and permission for this opening has been offered by Historic Houses (HH), the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA) and the UK Government Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS).
We strive to stay on track with the government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety and have carried out extensive risk assessments to support this.
Measures are in place around the grounds to help keep our visitors and staff safe. Please read the following guidance before visiting:
Terms of visiting:
– If you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or have been advised to self-isolate, please do not attend.
– You may only visit with your own household (including anyone within your support bubble) OR one person may visit with one other person from a different household (children under 5 are not included in this rule). Outside of these concessions, please do not arrange to meet any other households here. Further information on what you are permitted to do during this lockdown period can be found on the gov.uk website.
– Please adhere to social distancing at all times. Signs are in place and markers are on the floor to remind visitors of this.
– Please wear a face covering in the toilets.
– Please wash or sanitise your hands regularly throughout your visit.
Measures to keep you safe:
– Tickets will be checked from your vehicle to avoid any unnecessary contact with others.
– Tickets are limited to 400 per day (8% of our capacity) and must be purchased online. Tickets are not available on the gate.
– Hand sanitising stations are situated around the grounds and next to the play areas for your use. Please also bring your own sanitiser to use regularly if you are able to.
– The Portcullis toilets will be open during your visit and cleaned throughout the day. We will be limiting the number of people allowed in at any one time and operating a ‘one in, one out’ policy.
– The picnic benches throughout the grounds are all 2 metres apart.
– Bins have had their lids removed.
– The playgrounds will be open with extra safety precautions in place. Please adhere to the safety notices on display.
– We will not be giving out any Children’s Fun Booklets or selling Guide Books. A simple Grounds Map will be available to pick up from the admission area.
– We will be operating as a cashless site and will only be accepting card payments.
– Several one-way routes are in place around the grounds, please ensure you follow these at all times.