November Grounds-Only Opening 2020
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th November
Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd November
Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th November
9.30am until 3.30pm (last admission 2.30pm)
Following confirmation from the Government that public gardens are allowed to remain open during the November lockdown, we are delighted to be able to open our grounds on Saturdays and Sundays throughout November and invite you to join us for an Autumnal walk!
Children: £4.50 (aged 3-15 years)
Adults: £7.50 (aged 16 and over)
Family: £23.00 (2 adults & 2 children)
TICKETS ARE FOR THE GROUNDS ONLY (the castle will be closed to visitors on these dates)
Privilege Card holders:
Entry on these dates is free of charge for Privilege Card holders but please book your tickets online and select the Privilege Card ticket options (entering your Privilege Card number at the checkout).
Other Memberships / Promotions:
Please kindly note we are not accepting Historic House Memberships, English Heritage Memberships, Blue Peter Badges or Gardeners World 2for1 cards for these dates as they fall outside of our usual opening period.
Important things to know…
We have sought advice from Historic Houses, the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA) and the UK Government Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) regarding opening our grounds during the November lockdown as an outdoor space for exercise. All parties have confirmed it is safe and legal to do so.
We take the safety of our visitors and staff very seriously. Please read details of our Covid safety measures HERE before booking your tickets. Please adhere to the ‘Terms of Visiting’ (also listed below) at all times and thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Terms of Visiting:
– If you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or have been advised to self-isolate, please do not attend.
– You may only visit with your own household (including anyone within your support bubble) OR one person may visit with one other person from a different household (children under 5 are not included in this rule). Outside of these concessions, please do not arrange to meet any other households here. Further information on what you are permitted to do during this lockdown period can be found on the gov.uk website.
– Please adhere to social distancing at all times. Signs are in place and markers are on the floor to remind visitors of this.
– Please wear a face covering in the toilets.
– Please wash or sanitise your hands regularly throughout your visit.
Please note the following:
– Children aged 2 and under are free of charge and do not need a ticket.
– Picnics are welcome.
– Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead other than in the Dogs Off Leads area.
– Wellies or waterproof footwear is strongly advised.
– We will be operating as a cashless site so please bring a card with you to make any payments once you are here.
The following attractions/facilities will be open:
– Junior Obstacle Course
– Adventure Playground
– Woodland Play Area
– Rope Swings
– Portcullis Toilets
The following attractions/facilities will be closed:
– The Knight’s Maze
– Little Land Rovers
– Castle Tea Room
– Ice Cream Parlour
The castle grounds are hilly and laid to gravel in places making it difficult for wheelchairs and pushchairs to reach some parts. The grounds are particularly wet and muddy at present so wellies are strongly recommended. Please take extra care in muddy areas as it may be slippery. Full details of our access statement can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE