An Outdoor Learning Day at Eastnor Castle
10 June 2020
We know it’s tough at the moment. Like many of you, we’re trying to work, to home-school, to keep upbeat and calm. It’s like nothing we’ve ever known before and it’s hard.
With the news yesterday that the majority of children probably won’t return to school until at least September, we hope we can help in some small way by offering an affordable Outdoor Learning Day.
You might already know that we re-opened our grounds at weekends on a limited basis a few weeks ago, and from next week (15th June), we will also be opening up on Mondays.
An Outdoor Learning Day About Castles
We’ve set this page up as a one-stop resource for an Outdoor Learning Day at Eastnor Castle. A change of home-school scenery and a day in the fresh air might be just the ticket and what better topic to focus on than… Castles!
It’s worth noting that Eastnor Castle, at around 200 years old, is a ‘new’ castle and has never been involved in the battle. It has many traditional castles features however such as turrets, a keep, a portcullis, battlements, a flag and thick stone walls.
Below are some free child-focused educational resources for learning all about castles*. Perhaps you could spend some time learning about Castles with your child(ren) and then visit us to see a real-life Castle!
General Information on Castles:
An Information Video on Castles:
How to Draw a Castle:
Eastnor Castle History:
*Please note that other than the Eastnor Castle History page, these all link to external resources which have been reviewed but for which we do not hold any responsibility for the content.
- Find out all you can about castles and then visit one in real-life;
- Tickets are limited so social distancing can be observed at all times;
- Toilets are open and cleaned throughout the day;
- Enjoy the ‘Great Outdoors’ with woodland and lakeside walks through 100 acres of land;
- The Ice Cream Parlour is open for an ice cream treat!
- Plenty of picnic areas throughout the ground;
- Ticket prices are currently just £2.50 for children and £5.00 for adults;
- Dogs are welcome too!
We hope to see you soon, find out more about our Limited Grounds Opening and Buy Tickets.