Working for Eastnor Castle
The following job vacancy is currently available.
WEDDING & EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR
FULL TIME POSITION (MATERNITY LEAVE COVER – UP TO 12 MONTHS)
START DATE: December 2018
DATE POSTED: 18.09.18
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 12.10.18
To manage and oversee the sale and organisation of all weddings, private parties and corporate events at Eastnor Castle.
General Person Characteristics:
– A results and sales driven individual with the experience to sell events in a professional and discreet manner.
– Personable and able to communicate with a wide range of customers in a professional, emphatic and confident manner.
– Computer experience is essential as is an excellent telephone manner. Organisation and the ability to plan and oversee a multitude of events is paramount.
Place of Work:
Eastnor Castle, and elsewhere on the estate as necessary
– To work within the Castle Office administration team.
– To respond to wedding and event enquiries and follow up on a regular basis.
– Liaise with wedding couples and event organisers to plan, in detail, their upcoming wedding or event.
– To be responsible for quotes and invoicing of events.
– To show prospective couples and guests around the castle and describe the services we can offer.
– Working to a target, sell the castle as a venue for weddings and events.
– To book and liaise with suppliers for events.
– To monitor and report on enquiries and predict trends in enquiries.
– To manage the bookings calendar.
– To hold planning meetings with wedding couples and event hosts to plan their day in detail.
– Organise tasting lunches and weddings fairs.
– To be responsible for financial control of events and updating individual cost sheet and budget forecasts.
– To assist with marketing of weddings and events.
– Prepare promotional packs and send out to prospective wedding couples.
– Present monthly enquiry levels, sales and financial analysis.
– Prepare customer proposals and make follow up calls.
– Produce a programme of events for bookings and update and circulate accordingly.
– Produce and circulate amendment sheets for any event changes.
– To meet with the Head of Operations and Event Managers to ensure the smooth running of all weddings, private and corporate events at Eastnor Castle.
– To assist with additional duties both in the office and the castle if required.
– To attain a suitable knowledge of the history of the family, castle and its contents.
– At all times, to respect the needs and wishes of the family who live in the castle.
Hours of Work:
– Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch.
– Occasional weekends and evenings to show prospective guests round the castle.
Dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please email your CV with a covering letter to ENQUIRIES@EASTNORCASTLE.COM
or post to: The General Manager, Eastnor Castle, Eastnor, Ledbury, HR8 1RL.